Friday 31 January 2014

Pint-sized Panzer - part 2

My Tamiya Panzer II is now as complete as it's likely to get.  As it is destined to be used with 'toy soldier' painted figures I have kept the paintwork basic and clean.  No markings have been applied as I have yet to decide which master(s) this Panzer will serve.  The figure (included for scale) is a 1/35 WW2 Soviet tank officer.
The kit itself is a gem.  Despite having been around for (I believe) 40+ years the parts are all very crisp and go together easily.  A commander figure is included, along with four Afrika Korps infantry.  And at less then £10 it's something of a bargain!

14 comments:

Stephen Thomas said...

"The troops are rockin and the tanks are rollin". . . . Very nice kit.

Ross Mac rmacfa@gmail.com said...

So that means you'd like another, and some motorbikes and a Soviet armored car to build?

Tim Gow said...

Stephen Thomas
Cheers Steve - it was a pleasure to build!

Tim Gow said...

Ross Mac
Hell yes!

Pete. said...

Very nice Tim- what do you plan to use it for? Inquiring minds would like to know....

Cheers,

Pete.

Martin Rapier said...

Very nice Tim, I remember building ones of those back in the day. I can't help thinking it is a teeny bit modern for FLW though.

Tim Gow said...

Pete
Most likely for a Funny Little Wars excursion to the 1930s...

Tim Gow said...

Martin Rapier
You are probably right. Clearly the tankette is the weapon of the future....

Abwehrschlacht said...

It looks good, I made one of these recently as well, take a look here:

http://stormofsteelwargaming.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/135th-deutsches-afrikakorps-panzer-iig.html

Paul Foster said...

Cripes, that does look clean and shiny.

Is this the end of Braille scale I wonder.

Tim Gow said...

Abwehrschlacht
I think you are building to a rather higher standard! But that just goes to show what a nice kit it is.

Tim Gow said...

Paul Foster
It's painted to go with shiny toy soldiers but relax - 20mm is still alive and well!

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Thanks for that Tim I might make a lunch at making mine

:)

I think I'll go Desert Fox
i take it that you found a use for the DAK figures too ;)

Tim Gow said...

Geordie
I've not done anything with the figures as yet, but I'm sure their time will come.