Tuesday 21 January 2014

A to Z of Wargaming. B is for...


BBC.  OK, so it's not strictly to do with wargaming, but BBC radio - be it live or iPlayer is a regular accompaniment to my modelling, painting and even gaming activity.  I also have the radio on when driving, in preferemce to CDs.   My preferred stations are Radio 4, Radio 4 Extra and Radio 2.  Radio - the world would be a far worse place without it.
B is also for.....Boxfiles. As has been said before, I have quite a few of these.  They primarily contain my 20mm WW2 toys (like 10 Panzer Div below) but a modest number accomodate my 15mm Napoleonic and modern African toys.

8 comments:

Service Ration Distribution (Hobby) said...

Yep! Me too. Auntie Beeb is essential to the backdrop of modelling projects...and where would we be without the humble box file, eh? Poly bag land, that's where, and nobody wants to live there! Point well made. Carry on, that man.

The Dancing Cake Tin said...

4Extra, Radio2 & 6Music make it all possible.

Martin Rapier said...

Along with box files and the Beeb, my other significant B is 'Battle' by Charles Grant. Got me wargaming.

Service Ration Distribution (Hobby) said...

Good point Martin. Yes, my other B would be 'Battles with Model Soldiers' by D Featherstone. It got me into wargaming.

Tim Gow said...

Service Ration Distribution
I have Radio 4 Extra on at the moment and I've just been sorting out some box files. What a life!

Tim Gow said...

Dancing Cake Tin
Damn right!

Tim Gow said...

Martin Rapier
I didn't discover 'Battle' until I was already in too deep,

peter said...

That are some nice filled boxes! Very clean also! Now who said something about messing up some things! :-D

Greetings
Peter