Monday 20 January 2014

Baden and Lotti


After restocking with grey spray paint I decided that the time had finally come to tackle another of Steve Weston's splendid 1/32 scale tanks*.  These are pre-assembled plastic models.  The A7V is about the size of a house brick and (for a plastic model) feels damn nearly as strong.  To the spray of grey I added some green camo and a few details (exhausts, tracks etc).  In keeping with the 'traditional toy soldier' appearance of my 54mm figures I decided to go for a 'clean' finish.  Decals came from aircraft kits and the ensemble was topped off with a generous amount of spray varnish.
Yes, there are two of the things.  
Well you can't just have one - people would talk.
The figures are from the Armies in Plastic range.  I spent a long time on the helmet camo, so I'll take some better photos of them for a future post.
* see also this earlier post.

20 comments:

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

Excellent! An armoured greenhouse... :o)

Don M said...

Always liked those beasts, tall slow lightly armored but so German...)

Like the traditional toy soldier
technique your using!

Tim Gow said...

Steve the Wargamer
I expect the armour is about that good! But if the other guy doesn't have any.....

Tim Gow said...

Don M
Tall? Slow? That's enough about me....

Wg Cdr Luddite said...

Those infernal machines simply aren't cricket!

They'll never catch on....

Archduke Piccolo said...

The A7V could certainly see off a British 'female' tank. Not so good against the male guys. Perhaps a 50-50 call against an hermaphrodite?
Perhaps if the A7V got in touch with the latter's feminine side, it would have a chance...

Very nice 'toy soldiery' figures and vehicles. I think you have given me an idea about what uniforms the Omez auxiliaries of the Imperialist Raesharn will be...

Tim Gow said...

Wg Cdr Luddite
You could probably have a game of cricket inside an A7V...

Tim Gow said...

Archduke Piccolo
Villers Brettoneux here we come!

Chris Kemp said...

One hopes that you haven't made a male and a female and stored them in the same box, or you will be overrun with the little b*gg*rs before you know it!

Regards, Chris.

Pete. said...

Really like that. Garden scale tank warfare does seem quite appealing.

Cheers,

Pete.

Tim Gow said...

Chris Kemp
I have a 20mm F in the same box as the M. I wonder if that's where all the Renault FTs came from....

Tim Gow said...

Pete
You're weakening - I can tell!

Stephen Thomas said...

Even though the chain is missing I recognise the arm for the ball cock. However I can't workout why there are 2 overflow pipes. Is this another example of German over engineering?

Service Ration Distribution (Hobby) said...

Nice stuff there. I always wanted to do the Great War in 1/32. It suits sand. I can't believe the Germans, of all people, came up with the snappy name A7V.

Al said...

Cool post!

Tim Gow said...

Stephen Thomas
That just goes to show what a versatile design it was!

Tim Gow said...

Service Ration Distribution
Strangely it's not a vehicle which inspires any other name!

Tim Gow said...

Al
Thanks. I was confident that such a daft vehicle would be well received.

Nigel Drury said...

Any chance of them appearing in a lawn game for COW?

Tim Gow said...

Nigel Drury
You know me Nigel - rule nothing out!