1. wash the figures carefully
2. glue to bases
3. 'paint' figures with PVA
4. base coat (of Vallejo 117)
5. limited detail painting - rifles, boots, webbing, flesh
6. ink wash (Winsor & Newton 954 - Nut Brown)
7. very light dry brush of pale sand
8. flock bases
9. paint edge of bases
10. spray of matt varnish
Here is an ill-advised close-up of one of the little chaps
Other divisional assets (artillery, HQ, cavalry etc) still await completion, but I did repair and base an old Toyota lorry to serve as divisional transport. This Hasegawa kit comes as a starter rig for aircraft, but mine was completed with a scratch built GS body. I actually built this in the late '80s as part of a Spanish Civil War project and since then it has served the military of Germany, France, Poland and Russia. So it's about time it was repatriated.
More of this division as and when it is finished.