Wednesday 1 January 2014

Kubel capers

Who knows what impulse led me to dig out this quite old 1/35 scale Tamiya kit?  Most likely the vague thoughts I've been having about taking Funny Little Wars into the 1920s/1930s to which end I have amassed a very few more or less suitable vehicles.
Despite the great age of this kit (I'm not sure exactly but it's been around since at least the 1970s) it went together easily enough.  The only dodgy moment was caused by my own incompetence as I lost one of the panels and was about to begin fabricating a replacement when I found it.  On my 3x2 foot table....


6 comments:

Paul Foster said...

Now we all love a Kubel post Tim.

Looking very clean and tidy. Nice!

Tim Gow said...

Paul Foster
It's a very crisp kit - even I'm struggling to mess it up!

Martin Rapier said...

Au yes, I had one of those. I love the blob moulded drivers!

If FLW is extending into the 1920s/30s, I still have a few 1/35th scale models knocking around, including a Tamiya M13/40 which is suitably rivetty.

Tim Gow said...

Martin Rapier
An M13! You lucky chap. If only I'd kept (from the '70s) my Semovente 75, Hetzer, Pz38t etc etc....

Arthur said...

Tim

The art of messing things up is practiced by many, but only a priviledged few are to the manner born.

You do need to try harder; keep it up... :-)

Arthur

Tim Gow said...

Arthur
This show of modelling competence is but a momentary lapse. Normal bodging will resume shortly.