Monday 6 January 2014

A history of Airfix HO/OO AFV kits - part 14 - 1972

1972 saw only one new release.  While an unusual subject it was at the time rather topical, as the M-551 Sheridan had been deployed to Vietnam.  
I am sorry to say that I have never built this kit and so I am once again indebted to Paul at Plastic Warriors for photos of his (lightly modified) models.
I did once own a pair of Airfix Sheridans which came into my possession resplendent in gloss black paint!  At the time the centrepiece of our wargames was a wide river, so amphibious AFVs were highly sought after.  I do remember toning down the black with other colours but the fate of these models is - as with so many others - lost in the mists of time.

5 comments:

Paul Foster said...

Maybe they sank?

Tim Gow said...

Paul Foster
I suppose it was quite a deep pile carpet...

Paul Foster said...

Pile carpet for the river! How extravagant!

Tim Gow said...

Paul Foster
Most of the terrain was carpet - we used to play on the floor!

Al said...

Cool kitset, one which I don't actually have. Paul's one is a very good build