Thursday 17 March 2011

T-17 Staghound Armoured Car

As part of 'Car Month', here is another recently (well a few months ago!) completed armoured car.  This T-17 Staghound is from the Raventhorpe 'Ready to Roll' range which comes as a 'kit' of 4 parts: resin hull & turret and metal gun barrel & hatch.  So not much building then, and my usual scruffy paint job.  The commander figure is a chap I had skulking in a box - I think he might be an AB casting.
I have also finished a Staghound MkIII - photos coming soon.

6 comments:

Paul said...

Another nice stand. The figure suits the turret. Well done.

Tim Gow said...

Paul
Thanks - the commender did need some trimming of his lower half (ouch!) to make him fit in the turret. Having clambered in and out of a few AFVs I know the feeling!

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Nice

One I don't have. I did see a Polish kit retailing at £13.00 once but that was beyond what I was prepared to pay for a very small plastic kit

:)

Tim Gow said...

Geordie
I did read an article about scratchbuilding a Staghound (possibly in one of the old Airfix books), but it looked way beyond my limited abilities!

Al said...

That's a nice model, I'd like a couple of these myself

Tim Gow said...

Al
Both Staghound models are still available - £4.95 each here in the UK.