Friday 25 March 2011

Humber Light Reconnaissance Car

Another recently completed model is this Humber LRC MkIII.  Not that there was much modelling involved, as this is from the Raventhorpe 'Ready to Roll' range and consisted of only two parts!  These were the car itself (resin), and the barrel of the Bren gun (metal).  I understand that many of these were used by the RAF Regiment in Italy and NW Europe, and so I decided that mine would serve as a Forward Air Controller - hence the blue beret poking out from the turret and oversized roundel.

8 comments:

The Angry Lurker said...

Nice bit of wear and tear on that vehicle, good job.

Tim Gow said...

The Angry Lurker
Thanks - I always like my toys to look as if they've had a hard life.

Biff Tanner said...

Looks very good nice work.

Al said...

Nice one Tim, I'm going to browse their website and see what I've been missing

Paul said...

Really nice work. I like the RAF bent on the markings.

Regards Paul

Tim Gow said...

Biff, Al & Paul
Thanks guys - I can't claim to have put much work in to it! The RAF roundel was irresistible.

Don M said...

Very nice Tim!

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

This is a cunningly good model Tim

Nice one to own :)