Tuesday 22 March 2011

Humber Scout Car

Another 'car' completed recently was this Humber Scout Car.  This is a Britannia kit with a resin hull and metal wheels and commander.  I bought it years ago, but it has been left to 'mature' before being treated to the attentions of spray can and paint brush.  There's not a lot more to say really - it was a very simple kit to build and has been finished in my typical late-war green and black finish.  Quite a neat little vehicle - no doubt a much better drive than the Staghound MkIII which appeared here last week.

9 comments:

Paul said...

Dinky wee model. Nice work, we can all learn from the maturing process.

Time for some Ferrets?

Al said...

That's a really cool model Tim, sure looks the part

Tim Gow said...

Paul
I have some of the new GHQ (6mm) Ferrets on order, so watch this space. To keep you going may I refer you to Phil Steele's blog at http://pbeyecandy.wordpress.com/2011/02/05/a-minor-achievement/

Tim Gow said...

Al
There is always something rather appealing about AFVs which would fit in my driveway...

Paul´s Bods said...

Dinky wee and cute :-D
On sunday I went to a model fair and after I had spent all my money I found a rummage box under on of the stalls with...wait for it...Dinky toys in it. All dirt cheap!!! Saladin armoured cars etc...I was gutted!!! :-(
Cheers
Paul

Don M said...

Always like the look of these little things, nice work Tim, it's aged well...)

Tim Gow said...

Paul's Bods
I feel your pain Paul!

Tim Gow said...

Don
Many of my toys are several years older than their paintwork.

Biff Tanner said...

Wow that looks fantastic.