Tuesday 1 March 2011

Forbodian Jagers - part 3

I finished painting (and importantly - varnishing) these guys recently - here are pics of the full 20-figure regiment.  The colours look a bit darker than my usual as they were taken without the flash and under (not great) artificial light.
The Jagers advance - note the officer and NCO in the centre of the front rank.

I have gone for the 'toy soldier' look which seems to fit in with the ethos of Little Wars.


They still need a flag - but I have yet to design one!
 

8 comments:

Paul´s Bods said...

Use a strip light or two normal 60 watt bulbs to the left and right, slightly above the subject...I guarantee better pics.
Another nice set of figs btw
Cheers
paul

Tim Gow said...

Paul
Thanks - I might give that a try sometime.

Fire at Will said...

Very old school. I admit to waiting till there is sufficuent daylight before taking pictures of my figures, plus if it's a dull day using a tripod.

Seems a bit silly as the trpiod as bought for a SLR camera and it dwarfs my diddy digital.

Will

Tim Gow said...

Will
Thanks - daylight works well but I only ever seem to take photos of toys in the evenings these days.

Don M said...

They look good enough shoot Tim!
So Guard, Artillery and Lt Infantry,
thus far. What's next?

Tim Gow said...

Don
Another regiment of infantry (nearly finished) and then cavalry, staff, more gunners, and of course the King and some motor cars. March is 'Car Month'.

War Minister Crittumbo said...

I'm sure you've said before, but who made the figures?
It's very nice work.

Tim Gow said...

War Minister Crittumbo
They are HAT ACW Zouaves.