Saturday 30 October 2021

Mokarex Great War French

 I’ve mentioned this slightly odd range of hard plastic figures before: LINK

While I was sorting out some WW1 French figures recently it occurred to me that I should deal with a few of the apparently random selection of Mokarex soldiers I’ve had kicking around.  I used the same blue as for my existing later war Armies in Plastic units:  LINK

A suitably grizzled looking chap trudging towards the front line.  He’s bound to be popular with my pipe smoking readers. 

A lines of communication guard, clearly feeling the cold judging by his scarf and mittens. His place on the equipment issuing priority list is evident from his wearing wooden clogs rather than boots!
A well turned-out squaddie in 1916 rig. Very smart. 
This chap’s ‘Crapouillot’ 58mm mortar was badly damaged so,I rebuilt it with some plastic tube.  
He looks a dangerous man!

14 comments:

Simon said...

Really nice figures!

Simon

John Armatys said...

I am particulaly impressed by the pipe smoker! I hope that you will let me borrow him next time you allocate a WW1 French role to me!!!

Brad DeSantis said...

Mokarex figures are well sculpted and make excellent character figures. The mortar man does have a maniacal look about him, he could be very dangerous indeed!

tradgardmastare said...

Really charming figures full of character.

Martin Rapier said...

Those are lovely figures. I also also really like the maniacal mortar an.

Maudlin Jack Tar said...

Lovely figures!

Pete. said...

Really like those Tim. Especially the little mortar.

Cheers,

Pete.

Tim Gow said...

Simon
They are - if you ever see any cheap, buy them!

Tim Gow said...

John Armatys
You are very much my target market for pipe-smoking figures!

Tim Gow said...

Brad DeSantis
They are delightful figures but mortar guy looks very close to the edge.

Tim Gow said...

tradgardmastare
Indeed - "character" about sums it up.

Tim Gow said...

Martin Rapier
I think he's looking at you....

Tim Gow said...

Maudlin Jack Tar
Thanks!

Tim Gow said...

Pete
Little mortar? Well they say size isn't everything.