Friday 24 April 2020

Hurried Hurricane part 2 - a surprise ending?


Well it was to me. Having commenced the build of this ancient Revell Hurricane with no particular plan in mind I eventually decided to follow up my recent La-7 and finish it as a Soviet machine in much the same colour scheme.
I hand painted some shaky stripes on the tail and the decal box provided the rest.  Given that the Hurricane is  - certainly to my eyes - such a distinctive shape it's quite difficult to make it  look 'different'.  I hope you think it's a success.


10 comments:

Chris Kemp said...

The Soviets did use Hurricanes, Tim.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No._151_Wing_RAF
https://vvsairwar.com/2018/06/20/the-soviet-unions-hawker-hurricanes/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawker_Hurricane
"The Hawker Hurricane was the first Allied Lend-Lease aircraft to be delivered to the Soviet Union with a total of 2,952 Hurricanes eventually delivered,[117] becoming the most numerous British aircraft in Soviet service"

Regards, Chris.

Tim Gow said...

Chris Kemp
Er, yes I know.

Martin Rapier said...

Fabulous paint job. As noted, the Hurricanes were a big LL item, which is why Zvezda make a nice 1/144th scale one.

Pete. said...

That looks really great Tim. Bit of a chilly holiday to send it on though.

Cheers,

Pete.

Tim Gow said...

Martin Rapier
I still have a very high mileage and tatty 1/144 (Revell) Hurricane in Soviet markings.

Tim Gow said...

Pete
I suspect that at the moment it would settle for any holiday it gets!

Archduke Piccolo said...

A lend lease Hurricane! I never would have thought of that. So pretty in its unfamiliar livery, at that!

Milgeek said...

Oh, absolutely beautiful paint scheme, sir! Very well done.

Tim Gow said...

Archduke Piccolo
Always expect the unexpected!

Tim Gow said...

Beaty
Very kind of you to say so!