Saturday 18 April 2020

A-7 Corsair II part 1 - dust, plastic and glue

This was part of a batch of stuff I picked up a couple of years ago and was described by its vendor as incomplete - part of the canopy being missing. Given the deterioration of the box I decided to dig it out and rescue what I could for spares.  Imagine then my delight when the ‘missing’ part was discovered!
Work was begun and this being and old kit, it was pretty simple. I never had this kit as a lad but I did have the Revell version at too young an age. I remember it a a lot of explody things surrounding a fairly small aeroplane. This Airfix kit would have been expensive as it’s a Series 3. 

10 comments:

Pete. said...

Nice resue- Air Force or Navy?

Cheers,

Pete.

Tim Gow said...

Pete
Air Force. But probably not the one you’re thinking of!

Peter Douglas said...

Great rescue, looking forward to the livery sported. I’m pretty sure they could sell candles or room fresheners with a scent of dust plastic and glue...

Service Ration Distribution (Hobby) said...

Looking good. One of my favourite aircraft of the Cold War along with the EE Lightning.

Martin Rapier said...

Always liked the Corsair. I did have one as a kid, I suspect it was the Airfix one.

James Fisher said...

Lovely to see the Airfix Corsair, one of the favourites of my youth.

Tim Gow said...

Peter Douglas
I have £5 ready here to invest in your business idea....

Tim Gow said...

Service Ration Distribution
Some similarity to the Lightning struck me during the build - stubby fuselage and wings. Though in the Corsair the frightened pilot is only sitting astride ONE big jet engine!

Tim Gow said...

Martin Rapier
So rich - it was a Series 3 kit!

Tim Gow said...

James Fisher
Sounds like you had a youth similarly misspent to mine. And Martin's, Peter's etc.....