Monday 13 April 2020

Lebanon ‘82 - I play an old-fashioned board game! Part 1 - setup

Over lunch at 2018’s Gnuston Heights game (see here for the first of five posts on that Little Cold Wars game), the conversation turned to other campaigns which might make suitable games. Two of us having spent the previous few weeks churning out Israeli and Syrian kit our thoughts inevitably took in the 1982 ‘Peace For Galilee’ operation in Lebanon.
To add a decent map to my reading I picked up this board game. As the lockdown seems set to continue for some time yet, yesterday I separated the counters and set up the game so I can play it solo over the coming week. It must be at least a decade - possibly two - since I last played a conventional board game like this so it’ll be interesting to see how I get on.

4 comments:

Duc de Gobin said...

Excellent choice.
That is a great game.

Neil Patterson said...

Interestingly one that I've got to use as the basis for a campaign, for which I have researched Megablitz OoBs.
The 20mm figures and 1/87th armour/vehicles have yet to be converted and painted, as until recently, 1/87 Merkava I were not easy to find.
Neil

Tim Gow said...

Duc de Gobin
That’s good to know!

Tim Gow said...

Neil Patterson
I’ve had it in mind as a Megablitz game for about 20 years! I already have most of the kit in 6mm.