Tuesday 14 April 2020

Lavochkin La-7 part 1 - Glue

When I ran a Little Cold Wars game based on Task Force Smith in Korea a couple of years ago I used  a Lavochkin La-5 as part of the NKPA air support. I happened to mention at the time that it really should have been an La-7 which earned me displays of mock outrage from the players.  Carrying on the joke, a couple of weeks later John presented me with this fine (and presumably very cheap) kit, insisting that it be ready for a re-run of the scenario. As regular readers will be aware, things can move pretty slowly around here and it was only last Saturday when I opened the box to reveal the delights therein. 
The box contents. A comfortingly low number of parts.
Around 20 minutes later this had appeared. It’s really not a bad wee kit. I like the look of the stripy-tailed ‘plane on the box art...

7 comments:

Pete. said...

Looks great- if you ever need players for the rerun I'm always rather partial to a Korean game....

Cheers,

Pete.

Tim Gow said...

Pete
But you’re in lockdown in North Korea, er, I mean Huddersfield. Easy mistake....

Bluewillow said...

Great start, looking forward to the completed piece, good too see a unusual Korean finish for it,

Cheers
Matt

Martin Rapier said...

It looks very similar to a Lagg 5. I was also taken with the stripy tail thing and hand painted it onto one of my 1/100th La5s

They a bit like a stumpy FW190.

Pete. said...

Must explain my fascination with that country and the war....

Cheers,

Pete.

Tim Gow said...

Bluewillow
It’ll be liveried for Soviet rather than NKPA. But one red star looks much like another...

Tim Gow said...

Martin Rapier
It’s a bit less stumpy than the La-5 - of which your image is spot on!