Saturday 20 August 2022

An even limper Lysander - part 2

 

Here then is the completed Lysander. For something rescued from near-scrap it’s come together quite well I think. The Finnish decals were kindly provided by Pete and prompted me to move the Lysander further up my schedule. 
Newer readers may think that I must therefore have a plan for an imminent Winter War game.  Veterans will not expect to see this again for some years!

If it looks a bit rough that’s probably due to having had a hard life in the Arctic. At least that’s my story. 

6 comments:

Pete. said...

That looks great Tim- glad you got use out of the decals.

Cheers,

Pete.

Martin Rapier said...

That has turned out really well. You can't beat a splash of yellow on an aircraft!

Brad DeSantis said...

Excellent reclamation job Tim! The paint job is beautiful, the yellow really does brighten things up!

Tim Gow said...

Pete
They made all the difference. And made me sort out the model.

Tim Gow said...

Martin Rapier
There should be a yellow fuselage band too but I really couldn’t face it!

Tim Gow said...

Brad DeSantis
It’s rough, but it’s ready.