Monday 31 August 2015

Call to Arms Cuirassiers complete

The past few weeks have revealed that - much to my own astonishment - I can actually paint 54mm Napoleonic figures quite quickly and to a tolerable standard.  As I indicated in my earlier post, I have been putting off painting these chaps for quite a while but now I'm not sure what I was worried about.


 With this lot galloping at you the paintwork will be the least of your troubles!
Speaking of paint, Col was asking what blue I use.  No.22 Mid Blue from the miniature Paints range.  It may be way too pale but somehow it looks right.

10 comments:

Robert (Bob) Cordery said...

Tim,

Very nice! I hope to be able to see them in action very soon. (The domestic situation that was making my attendance at the forthcoming game uncertain has just been resolved, and I will be contacting you later today by email.)

All the best,

Bob

Springinsfeld said...

These fellow look splendid...... the paler blue and the silver armour give them a lovely toy soldier look.

Tim Gow said...

Bob Cordery
Delighted to hear you can join the game!

Tim Gow said...

Springinsfeld
The 'toy soldier' look is what I strive for!

Rob Young said...

You know, I don't think I've been able to finish a 54mm figure to a reasonable standard...

Ross Mac rmacfa@gmail.com said...

These are actually quite attractive. The mid Blue is somewhat reminiscent of Deetail figures. Of course we all know the most usual fate of attractive neely painted figures in their first game......

Tim Gow said...

Xaltotun of Python
I'll leave it to others to judge if my paintwork is 'reasonable', but I can tell you that I find these 54mm chaps easier to paint than smaller scales.

Tim Gow said...

Ross Mac
The 'Deetail' look will do just fine. And the 'fresh paint' jinx will have plenty of targets in the game!

Milgeek said...

As usual you make my modelling prevarication obvious by your enthusiastic productivity! :)

Tim Gow said...

Stephen Beat
With the game this coming Saturday the pressure is on!