From Mont St. Jean we drove next to Hougoumont. Newly open to the public, the ticket bought at the visitor centre also covers admission to this site. Above - the track leading from Hougoumont to Mont St Jean. The tall crops and sloping ground as as per 1815.
A distant view of the Lion Mound.
Back in the courtyard at Hougoumont, the chapel and a bit of wall are all that remains of the main chateau building.
The other buildings survive and are in good shape after a recent restoration.
The area contains many memorials - including this one to the French troops who fell during the repeated assaults on the farm buildings.
The view north.
The recent statue commemorating the defence of Hougoumont.