Monday 14 November 2022

Brussels Military History Museum - part 3

Following on from Part 4 of this report is (of course!) part 3. Oh come on, what did you expect?  Logic?

Here then is the WW2 section of the museum.  I've focussed on the Belgian stuff.


Utility B tractor and 47mm AT gun.  Lovely!
Citroen P17 halftrack
German 28mm AT gun - like the one in the old HO/OO Airfix sets!
Belgian T.13 self propelled AT gun.  Terrible photo as I couldn't get close to it.
The Utility B again.
A handmade wooden model Sherman
A Spitfire and V-1 display.  Just like my Doodlebuggers game!

Belgian recce motorcycle combo

7 comments:

Pete. said...

Very nice Tim.

What scalle was the wooden Sherman?

Cheers,

Pete.

Nigel Drury said...

I recall the T13 being difficult to photograph, but I was pleased to see one at all. There can't be many left.

Tim Gow said...

Pete
About 1/35 from memory. A very characterful model.

Tim Gow said...

Nigel Drury
Rarer than King Tigers, even in Belgium I suspect. To say nothing of wargame tables!

Nigel Drury said...

Pleased to see that 3d print files are available. I'll have to add Belgians to my 6mm forces at some point.

Nigel Drury said...

Wiki reckons that is the sole survivor out of just over 300 built, in 3 main variants.

Tim Gow said...

Nigel Drury
My own 6mm WW2 Belgian AFVs are from Scotia. Bought in the early ‘90s and painted only 25 years later!