Sunday 8 November 2020

Remembrance Sunday

Despite the restrictions of  COVID, I’m pleased to report that Sara and I were among a couple of dozen people who attended the understandably short and rather low key ceremony in our local churchyard. 

I always feel uncomfortable about taking photos at such events so I offer instead pictures of a war grave Sara spotted in the churchyard. Aircraftman K Kent died in 20 December 1942 at the age of only 20.  That means he was born a mere 43 years before me - not much in the sweep of history. Makes you think.



5 comments:

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

So true

Don M said...

Indeed, this time of year makes me think on these things as well....

Archduke Piccolo said...

When I think of the 'sweep of history', I imagine the fewer than 45 of my lifetimes standing between me and King David of Israel. Recorded human history might be stretched perhaps as far back again, but not much farther. In cosmic time, an eye-blink.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Tim- Yes, Covid restrictions has certainly changed the way things are done. On time- and eras- I can well remember my childhood, adolescence-teenage years...though from 30 odd to now mid 60s - I wonder where the time went - one day I just woke up to the fact that I was 'an oldie'...it is scary that the children I taught in High School are now hitting 60+. Best Wishes to you Tim. Regards. KEV. (Sydney- Australia).

James Fisher said...

A most thoughtful post, thanks.
Regards, James