Sunday 17 November 2019

Soviet Naval Infantry - part 1

I have a game project in mind for next year which either creates a need - or provides an excuse - for modest numbers of Naval Infantry. I’d been aware of the Pegasus figures for a while and so recently bought a box. These are soft plastic figures and require some assembly. That said, the soft plastic is harder plastic than most soft plastic. Clear?  Good. 
Of course, you can’t just buy one set so while shopping I spotted this Zvezda set. These chaps are hard plastic with each figure having a dozen or so parts. 
The assembled comrades having just been based. 
A closer look at the Zvezda figures - very dynamic poses.

4 comments:

tradgardmastare said...

HMS Pinafore in Slavonic perchance? A bold move for you and the club as a new project. I look forward to more about this...

Ross Mac rmacfa@gmail.com said...

I've often heard it said that blogging is really about Naval gazing.

These are nice! Always wanted some Naval infantry when I was doing 54mm WW2, at least I have some for my 19thC Brits now.

Tim Gow said...

Tradgardmastare
They’re for a WW2 game in London next year. Details to follow in the fullness of time.

Tim Gow said...

Ross Mac
‘Naval gazing’ was the original working title of this post. But then I thought ‘what sort of saddo would use such an expression?’ So now we know! As well as my late 19thC British(ish) naval Brigade I also seem to have accumulated enough Starlux figures for a French naval force.