Tuesday 25 September 2018

Gnuston Heights - part 3 - A bodge too far?

 As the Syrians approached, Israeli Centurions opened up at long range.
 But still the Syrians rolled forward

 As their historical counterparts did, our Israelis targeted the bridgelayers and scored an early kill (actually my bodged Chieftain AVLB but a bridge is a bridge)
 Syrian artillery - strangely this didn't fire every turn.
The artillery fired a mix of HE and smoke
 Israeli Phantom and Mystere
 A Syrian bridgelayer arrives at the AT ditch.  Ironically, Ian had bodged this from - of all things - a Merkava kit!
Further north, engineers were creating a breach.
 Israeli aircraft were hurled against the vast Syrian horde (not literally - it's bad for the models)


The thin line of Centurions was starting to suffer.  It still didn't look good for the Israelis.

10 comments:

Don M said...

The C5s and C141s are being uploaded at Vanderburgh AFB as we speak......)

Ken H said...

I think the centurion is my favourite tank of the "modern" era - very nice shape. I had a battery powered large model of one when I was about 16 - i loved it! I was a 16 year old schoolboy in 1973 during the Yom Kippur war - as an early Featherstoe inspired wargamer there was a proliferation of one off magazine style specials about the war. many carried impressive photos and detail of 105mm recoiless guns on jeeps,centurions, aircraft and maps! The kit was fabulous and mostly available through airfix etc. Many a happy gaming hour - although I'm not sure my father would have allowed me to despoil the lawn with massed armies! We may have to rename Wargames World as Gardeners World! Inspirational stuff as allows Tim - if vaguely barking in an HG Wells-esque manner!

Mad Padre said...

Just how many models are involved in this, anyway? It's fantastic!

Pete. said...

Stirring stuff Tim. Really like the sweeping photos of tanks.

Cheers,

Pete.

Tim Gow said...

Don M
I think I can hear them overhead now!

Tim Gow said...

Ken H
“Vaguely barking” and “Wells esque”. I’ll take that!

Tim Gow said...

Michael Peterson
I think about 300 vehicles and aircraft. But we can stop anytime.....

Tim Gow said...

Pete
You know me - always stirring!

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

300+
No room in the garden shed for the lawnmower then

1/48 scale too
And your 1/1200 fleets

Tim Gow said...

Geordie
No room in my shed. And I don’t even have a lawn!