Sunday 14 May 2023

Plastic Warrior show 2023

 Yesterday I had a jolly day out at the PW show in Twickenham, West London.  It seemed well attended and some brisk trading was observed.  I sold a bit and bought a bit less - the difference being more than enough to cover my petrol costs.  It was nice to see so many old and newer friends - to name but a few, Jack, Paul, Brian, Anthony, Mike L, Mike C, Graham, Steve, Diego…..well you get the idea.

Here are most of my purchases.  The Basevich WW1 German cavalry were  - for plastic figures - fantastically expensive (£25 for a box of four mounted figures) but are very lovely. 

Replicants always has a new set or two for the show. This year it was two sets of medieval peasants - always useful!  


I was rather taken with this unsmiling Del Prado Red Army officer. 
Great War British officer by Tradition. 
Probably my favourite figure of the show - Great War British sentry.  Skewered on his bayonet is a chemically treated gas indicator.  Though it looks to me like cheese on toast!  


2 comments:

Brad DeSantis said...

Sounds like a wonderful day Tim! You made some excellent buys and you're right, it does look like a grilled cheese sandwich!

Tim Gow said...

Brad DeSantis
It'll be tricky to eat with the gas mask on....