Monday 19 December 2022

Task Force Smith again - part 3

I've somehow managed to get the photos in a jumble but here are a few more from this game.  The result was a win - albeit a costly one - for the NKPA.  A very jolly game which we cracked through in only about 2 hours.

Air support featured  - all of it WW2 surplus.  Here an ancient P-51 attempts to shoot up the NK column.
Here's an even older YAK-9 keeping the TF's heads down.
Some of the tanks managed to force their way through the pass, while some tried to outflank....
...giving the US gunners a worrying time!

The youngest element of the air support - this Sturmovik dates from only 2017!
The US figures were a mix of CTS, Deetail and TSSD
Another Mustang - but too late to stem the NK flow.

6 comments:

Martin Rapier said...

I really enjoyed playing this the first time. Those US 105mm howitzers brought back some childhood memories! I'd completely forgotten I had one.

John Y said...

Very impressive array of armor and air power! You're making me regret getting 1/48 aircrat kits. The 1/72 aircraft look perfect with 1/32 infantry.

Pete. said...

A fantastic game. Was great facing down the mass of armour.

Cheers,

Pete.

Tim Gow said...

Martin Rapier
I didn't have a '105 as a child - I'm making up for it now though!

Tim Gow said...

John Y
Far be it from me to rub salt in your wounds, but I prefer 1/72 because they are (relatively) compact, mostly cheap and available in profusion. I found that most 1/48 kits I've seen are aimed at 'proper modellers', so that's me out!

Tim Gow said...

Pete
I thought your personal morale held up very well as Russell unloaded armfuls of toys onto the battlefield.