Tuesday 12 July 2022

Conference Of Wargamers 2022

COW 2022 has been and gone. All the feedback I have so far had indicate is was a great success. My heartfelt thanks again to all those who contributed to the weekend.

Our usual venue being unavailable, this year we were at the Defence Academy Of The United Kingdom in Shrivenham. I’ve visited and indeed run games at Shrivenham several times previously. 

Attendees assemble for the conference opening. Photo by Tom Mouat. 
Left a bit, down a bit, fire!  In the same building was the tank room. Photo by Chris Ager. 
As a former Saab owner I was pleased to see this bit of the firm still going strong.
The tank room had a few new toys since last time. A fine AH-1.


BMD.  I still can't figure out how you get a rifle squad in there.  At least not in 1:1 scale.
A recently surplussed Tornado

The games were many and varied - here I prepare to distribute buckets of sunshine in John Salt's updated Neverwar game.  It didn't go all that well for the Sovs but I did at least manage to light up East Anglia.




2 comments:

Brad DeSantis said...

Great photos Tim, the "Tank Room" looks especially interesting!

Robert (Bob) Cordery said...

Tim,

Thanks for everything you did to make COW2022 such a success.

I’ll be adding my blog post about COW2022 later this week.

All the best,

Bob