Thursday 28 July 2022

An even limper Lysander - part 1

Veteran readers will perhaps recall this earlier foray into broken Airfix Lysander repair.  This ‘new’ one was plucked to safety(?) from this box of quality items

As it emerged. It’s not really this good - I propped the various bits together to make the photo less harrowing. 
A surprisingly large quantity of glue later the thing was in one piece. Paint time. 
By this stage, Pete had kindly offered a set of surplus decals - can you guess who the Lysander’s new employer is?


8 comments:

Pete. said...

Looking good so far Tim. I await its return from the paint shop with interest.

Cheers,

Pete.

tradgardmastare said...

“Of Hector and Lysander and such greats kits as these…”
I had forgotten this kit, l had one years ago . I always thought it an elegant aeroplane and it still is.

Martin Rapier said...

Looking forward to seeing the final thing (and I have an unfair advantage as I already know who the new owner will be).

Brad DeSantis said...

When in doubt, use more glue! It looks great so far Tim, can't wait to see the finished product!

Tim Gow said...

Pete
Progress has of course now ground to a halt!

Tim Gow said...

Tradgardmastare
There’s certainly little change of mistaking it for anything else.

Tim Gow said...

Martin Rapier
I’ll have to come up with a use for it at some point!

Tim Gow said...

Brad DeSantis
I had to crack open a fresh tube of glue during the rebuild!