Saturday 15 January 2022

Italeri Panzer crew

 

I need some tank crews for a couple of games I have in mind, so this venerable set was cracked open today.  Venerable?  Definitely!  Although the box is marked ‘1995’, I remember this set from the 1970s.

Despite it’s antiquity the mouldings are pretty crisp.  Not up to Tamiya standards but still very respectable.  I think that their 1970s equivalents was moulded in white plastic.  For a set still readily available for under  £10 there’s quite a lot in it. Six figures, two barrels, a wooden crate, four buckets(!) and three helmets. 

You don’t see box art like this on modern kits!  But in those far-off days before the widespread availability of reasonably price uniform books this would no doubt have been very useful. 


7 comments:

Pete. said...

1/35th tank game- now that does sound appealing.

Cheers,

Pete.

tradgardmastare said...

Tanks for the memories…

Brad DeSantis said...

Great set Tim and a wonderful box!

Tim Gow said...

Pete
Ah - the tanks won't be 1/35!

Tim Gow said...

tradgardmastare
I can still picture the paintwork on my old set!

Tim Gow said...

Brad DeSantis
It shows it's age - but not in a bad way!

In_Treue_Fest said...

Tim,

Hope you can get your bloglinks to other blogs fixed as I have depended on it for years to point me to lots of interesting sites.