Thursday 18 November 2021

Nieuport 12ish - part 1

For a game I have in mind I need a French two-seater.  There being none available in 1/72 - at least none I could find - I decided to bodge something along the lines of the Albadross.  

I had this kit in stock and selected it as my victim. I had in mind the Nieuports 10 and 12 which saw service with the RFC and Italy as well as the French air service. It didn’t look much like the N28 but as it had the correct quantity of wings and engines I decided it was close enough. 

I hacked out a second cockpit and added a couple of figures from this useful Orion set. 

It doesn’t really look big enough to be a two-seater, though the real N12 was only slightly bigger than the N28. While the glue dries I’ll think about colour schemes. 


10 comments:

The Good Soldier Svjek said...

Have a box of those pilots , jolly useful figures .

Brad DeSantis said...

The figures look great Tim, especially the one with pistol and flowing scarf! Very dramatic!

Pete. said...

Looks good there Tim.

Cheers,

Pete.

James Fisher said...

I recently got a box of those pilots too Tim, after several failed attempts (lack of supply from a source). They look good in review/pictures but are even better 'in the flesh'. YOu have made fine use of them here.
Regards, James

Martin Rapier said...

The is a very futuristic looking biplane, the sort of thing Tin Tin should be flying around in!

Tim Gow said...

The Good Soldier Svjek
Definitely one of my more useful purchases this last year.

Tim Gow said...

Brad DeSantis
I'm glad that the figures are drawing attention away from the dodgy model!

Tim Gow said...

Pete
Thanks - it'll do the job.

Tim Gow said...

James Fisher
It took me two attempts to secure a box too - well worth the wait though!

Tim Gow said...

Martin Rapier
I suppose it is futuristic - I'll be using it for a game set in 1916 and the N28 wasn't in service until 1918...