Sunday 7 February 2021

LFG Roland C-II - part 1

 

Looking out my Hannover to use at last week's Isonzo game reminded me that it was still my only German/Austrian two-seater.  A visit to the kit stash yielded this old Airfix Roland.  It's always been among my favourite Great War aircraft, both for it's rakish looks and the sturdiness - for a biplane - of the kit.  I did build one of these in the '80s when it was already an old kit but that one's long gone.

There are a reassuringly small number of parts and for such an old thing (1965) it goes together very well.


10 comments:

Jim Duncan Wargamer said...

Great aircraft.

I have about half a dozen of them in my 1/144th collection.

Simon said...

Great looking aircraft!

tradgardmastare said...

Chocks away Giovanni!
Lovely looking kit, I look forward to seeing it finished.

Tim Gow said...

Jim Duncan
One of the best!

Tim Gow said...

Simon
Thanks. Let's hope it's efficiency matched it's looks.

Tim Gow said...

tradgardmastare
Coming soon.....

James Fisher said...

Snap! It just so happens that I built the one that I have a few months back. It is still waiting for the final paint job though.
I agree wholeheartedly, it is an excellent kit to build and looks good once done. Such a unique, interesting and strange plane too, as you say. The 'whale' was such a appropriate nickname!
Regards, James
p.s. Captcha was on fire today. It tested me three times before accepting me as a non-robot!

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

A classic and a bit of a bugger at the same time

Tim Gow said...

James Fisher
I’m sure we all look forward to seeing your Roland!

Tim Gow said...

Geordie
Nah - nice easy kit!