Sunday 28 April 2019

Tatty Tamiya tank terror twosome

Remember the mighty Soviet AT rifle team in the previous post?  Here they are in action against the Emperor’s finest, in the shape of a pair of Type 97 Chi-Ha medium tanks.
“But Tim” I hear you cry “you don’t use 1/35 tanks!”  True, but both of these came in batches of figures (so ‘free’ in wargamer economic terms) and, along with some other Jap armour I already had, will pretty well fulfil my current oriental armour requirements.
The Type 97 nearest the camera arrived already painted, so I have needed only to make some repairs and add markings. As the turret hatch was open (well, missing) I also added a commander, in the shape of the leg amputee from the Fine Molds set featured earlier. He seems happy enough with his new posting.
The other tank also needed a bit of work and the paintwork is all mine.

7 comments:

Pete. said...

Nice Tim- their size in 1/35 makes them look more imposing than they probably should....

Cheers,

Pete.

tradgardmastare said...

Terrific toy tanks Tim.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

I see you need no more encouragement but I will give you some!
Good stuff!

;)

Tim Gow said...

Pete
When the armour is so thin, every little helps!

Tim Gow said...

Tradgardmastare
Too kind.

Tim Gow said...

Geordie
Shouldn’t you be trying to talk me out of this madness?

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Tim it is a Lesson "Hard Learned"
Don't laugh or discourage obsessive behaviour
Because you inevitably follow at a later point