Friday 25 December 2015

The Christmas Fairey

This year's festive build is a kit I've had knocking about for a while.  I have always had a soft spot for the Battle - due to it's attractive looks and possibly it's appalling reputation.
 The Airfix kit was originally released in 1968 and seems a typical product of the age.  Last night I spent about 40 minutes on some initial assembly.
As always mine will be built as a wargame toy rather then a display piece.  Possibly more work will follow post-turkey...

4 comments:

Paul Foster said...

Somehow I feel pressured now to build the one you sent me! Okay, whats not to lose!

Good progress for 40 minutes!!!

Archduke Piccolo said...

Right now that 'Fairey Battle' is looking a bit like a dismembered turkey... :-)

Tim Gow said...

Paul Foster
The battle of the Battles?

Tim Gow said...

Archduke Piccolo
Happily it's not one of those kits which make reassembling a turkey seem an appealing prospect.