Friday 31 July 2015

Highland Brigade

I picked up a load of Britains Deetail figures early last year.  All in ceremonial dress, the figures included Guards, bands and these Highlanders.  In all, I have enough to form five 20-figure infantry battalions.  The Highlanders will form a battalion each of Gordons and Black Watch, with the 'spare' pair of officers and trio of pipers making up the brigade HQ.
So why am I sorting them out now?  Because it occurred to me that as long as no-one looks too closely they could be just the lads to add to my forces for the forthcoming Waterloo game.

10 comments:

Al said...

Nice, absolutely classic!

Conrad Kinch said...

Excellent. They certainly look the part.

Don M said...

Funny thing...I was listening to bag pipe music in the car on the way home from
work and what do I see .....interesting, wonder this portends? LOL, nice troops and if your opposition has bad eye site it should work...)

Tim Gow said...

Al
Can't go wrong with these figures really!

Tim Gow said...

Conrad Kinch
If only they had some Irish hussars to keep them company...

Tim Gow said...

Don M
That reminds me - a (West) German bloke I knew back in the '80s used to play loud bagpipe music in his car to torment East German border guards.

Don M said...

I did it to torment Koreans, same principal....)

Robert (Bob) Cordery said...

Tim,

I have almost as many Highlanders as you do, and together we could probably field a Scottish Infanty Division.

All the best,

Bob

Tim Gow said...

Stu Rat
A piper a day keeps the neighbours at bay.

Tim Gow said...

Bob Cordery
Nice to see that neither of us got carried away buying figures then...