Tuesday 9 July 2013

Sabre rattling

As there was a possibility that the Portuguese air force might show up in Operation Vijay, I dug out this old 1/300 F-86 Sabre (which I think is a Skytrex casting) and slapped on a bit of paint.  The markings were something of a challenge to paint in this (or any?) scale but the thing emerged looking Sabre-esque and clearly not Indian.  Which was good enough.
For a photo of a real (better painted!) Portuguese F-86 have a look here.  Apparently their last Sabres were retired as recently as 1980.

6 comments:

Paul said...

good skills on the markings. No G91's in stock?

Al said...

Cool, one of my all time favourite jet aircraft

Tim Gow said...

Paul
No spare G91s in that scale - and the Portuguese didn't get them 'till the mid 1960s.

Tim Gow said...

Al
Glad you,like it. I must have a nicer model somewhere.

Milgeek said...

Portuguese? Sounds like an interesting senario...I'm intrigued! :)

Paul said...

1960's...My boo boo!