Work on my O Gauge train continues at a gentle pace. This rather battered boxcar wagon was next to receive my attention. Having sanded impressive quantities of rust from the roof I slapped on a coat of primer. While this was drying I turned my attention to the 'armour'. As the wagon is missing it's doors I decided to fill the gaps with piles of sandbags.
Well several actually Lady Bracknell. While I'm sure theyre pretty easy to make, I remembered that Tamiya do a useful set of 1/35 scale sandbags and a box was duly procured. As I only needed to cover the door openings I was able to save on the number of sandbags used by cutting some in half. The glued together stacks will fit inside the wagon when it's finished but for now it is off to be spray painted.