Monday 7 August 2023

More Kriegsmarine Troops - part 1

I decided I needed more German naval troops for a game planned for later in the year.  I already have the Mars set as per this post.  Knowing I’d end up converting ‘ordinary’ German infantry I reviewed my stocks  I wanted guys with light weapons - especially MG34 and wearing fairly light kit  - just water bottles and gas mask canisters, without satchels, bread bags and the like.  This Tamiya set looked promising and it wasn’t one I’d previously tackled.  It contains eight figures and I’ve (so far) built six.  More when the varnish dries!



6 comments:

Brad DeSantis said...

It looks like a nice set Tim, and should match up well with the Mars set. The Mars figures usually do have a great deal of flash and do take some cleaning up out of the box.

rross said...

Lol...I saw some off these figures on Steve J's blog at an IMPS show somewhere near Bristol...Wargames with soldiers 1685 - 1985 or something similar is the blog title....I DID have this set back in the day, used to love Tamiya when I was in my early teens...even had a half formed idea to do skirmish type games using the 1/35 figures....it never eventuated though !

Martin Rapier said...

I had that Tamiya set back in the 70s, they are supposed to be in and around the Tamiya Hanomag. The Tamiya figures were always very nice to paint.

Tim Gow said...

Brad DeSantis
Indeed - despite having to build them, these chaps were probably no more work than the Mars figures.

Tim Gow said...

Rross
Even the older Tamiya stuff seems widely available so perhaps it’s time to resurrect your plan?

Tim Gow said...

Martin Rapier
I hadn’t made the connection with the Sdkfz251, but it explains some of the poses!