Thursday 14 April 2016

dodgy plastic Hummers

Following the dodgy plastic Pattons comes this pair of dodgy plastic Hummers.  Of unknown origin, these came in a box of crap a couple of years ago.
Being made of fairly hard plastic they seem to have taken paint rather well - once again I went for US Olive Drab over a black undercoat.  Painting in the lights makes a huge difference and really brings the thing to 'life'.
The nasty toy wheels were removed for painting and then simply clipped back into position.
After all, I don't want them looking too good....

More cheap plastic crap coming soon!

8 comments:

Don M said...

With a 20mm minigun on top and the gunners hatch in the back seat....interesting
Taiwanese take on the HUMVEE.....)

Pete. said...

They have scrubbed up well Tim.

Cheers,

Pete.

peter said...

From crap to something! You gave them a new live Tim! Great work!

Greetings
Peter

Paul Foster said...

Handy Hummers Tim.

Tim Gow said...

Don M
I thought the minigun looked a bit odd but I hadn't noticed the hatch was in the wrong place. Given that they only owe me about £0.50 each I think I can live with it....

Tim Gow said...

Pete
Notwithstanding Don's comments about accuracy - and he should know - I think they're rather nice models. As plastic crap goes...

Tim Gow said...

Peter
They will indeed live again! Hopefully they'll get an outing in a couple of months.

Tim Gow said...

Paul Foster
If only I could find more!