Tuesday 26 July 2011

14 July Challenge - all is revealed!

I confess to being slightly disappointed - but not very surprised - that the were no entries for my 14 July Challenge (see my post on that date).

On the off-chance that anyone is being driven to distraction trying to count Russian tanks, I can now reveal the the numbers are as follows:
1 IS-3 Airfix with resin turret
4 IS-2. Britannia, Italeri, scratch build
1 KV-85. Scratch build
1 KV-2. Fujimi
10 KV-1. Esci, Fujimi, Frontline, Skytrex
1 M4 Sherman. Frontline
26 T-34. Matchbox, Airfix, Esci, Armourfast, Fujimi
1 M3 Stuart. Matchbox
2 T-60. Skytrex
5 T-70. Skytrex, Red Star, scratch build
1 T-38. Unknown resin kit
8 T-26. Skytrex, Frontline
14 BT-2/5/7. Red Star, Skytrex, scratch build

A total of (according to my arithmetic) 75 tanks!

Not featured in the photo were the whitewashed tanks and more green painted armour - including more T-34, T-60, T-70, T-26, KV, SMK, T-35, T-28, Valentine, Sherman, T-50. Help me.

16 comments:

Paul´s Bods said...

Eh?? How do you mean no entries...?? You posted on the Gloranthan army blog or...me no understand...
Cheers
paul

Giano said...

Well I tried to count them but there were too much of green for my eyes!
Nice collection, you quite humiliate me - I've "only" 6 T-34, 1 T-26, 1 BT-7, 1 Kv-1, 1 IS-3, 1 IS-2, and another T-34 on the workbench. That makes 11... Seems like I have to go to the model shop next week :)

Tim Gow said...

Paul's Bods
I offered a modest prize if anyone could quantify the toys in the photo....

Tim Gow said...

Giano
To be fair, this is a 20 year accumulation of stuff and includes two other collections I picked up in that time. But yes - go to the model shop!

David Crook said...

Hi Tim,

That is a very impressive shock army and no mistake!

All the best,

DC

Tim Gow said...

David Crook
In Megablitz terms it's actually enough for several Shock Armies!

The Angry Lurker said...

My apologies but i missed it.

Don M said...

75 tanks ...not bad,you have almost as many as I do M1A1s
(almost 90 by last count, and
about the same number of various marks of M60s...I know ..I know,
I really need to look into that whole getting a life thing, and will do so as soon as I'm done painting this last batch...........

Al said...

Might have to switch to CD to get to use them all:)

Paul said...

I agree, way too much to count, let alone id.

I think you need to get a hobby!

Tim Gow said...

The Angry Lurker
Not to worry - I'll run another one soon.

Tim Gow said...

Don M
I have heard of this 'getting a life' concept, but I'm not sure it's for us.

Tim Gow said...

Al
Get thee behind me! Etc.

Tim Gow said...

Paul
No time for a hobby - too busy with my 'lifestyle choice' - wargaming!

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

What is a SMK and the T-50

Tim Gow said...

Geordie
The SMK was a pre-war big silly tank with two turrets (76mm & 45mm from memory) on a hull which has a slight look of stretched KV about it. The T-50 was a proposed replacement for the T-26 which actually cost nearly as much to build as a T-34! I wonder why it didn't catch on....