Friday 7 October 2022

A year of living dangerously - Montrose’s Scottish Campaign of 1644-1645

I picked this up recently following an always dangerous recommendation from a friend (thanks Matthew!). It’s a campaign I’ve long been interested in, not least because a fair bit of the action is ‘local’ to where I grew up. 

It costs about £15 and the first (solo) play took just over an hour.

Lovely map and counters. 

Montrose nearly did it!
The game set up to play. 
Detail of the map. My part of the world!

I’ll no doubt have more to say when I’ve played it more.  In this first outing, Montrose came close to victory but basically ran out of troops. He did, however, manage the all-important sack of Dundee!  

8 comments:

Funny Little Wars said...

Sack of Dundee! An outrage.

£1.50 worth of damage?

tradgardmastare said...

Looks a most interesting game. A fascinating subject too.

Brad DeSantis said...

It looks like an excellent game Tim! Nice that it has such a special relevance for you!

JWH said...

Looks interesting, thanks for drawing attention to it.

Tim Gow said...

Funny Little Wars
Has there ever been a sack of Wigan?

Tim Gow said...

tradgardmastare
Well worth the £15!

Tim Gow said...

Brad DeSantis
It says much that despite my biased solo play I still managed to have Montrose lose!

Tim Gow said...

JWH
Well worth a look if the campaign is of interest.