Sunday 10 April 2022

Terribly tatty toy tank titivation

 


A while back I acquired a pair of nasty plastic Abrams tanks in about 1/50 scale. They can be seen in this post from 2016. This second - and mismatched - pair followed and were undercoated in black many months ago. I noticed them this morning while looking for something quite unrelated and decided to threaten them with the dangerous end of a paintbrush. 
A few hours later I devoted 20 minutes or so to the paintwork and here is the result. They’ll do. 

My painting reference. Well, more inspiration than reference really as I can’t claim to have followed any pattern. 

6 comments:

Martin Rapier said...

They have come out really well Tim

Pete. said...

Those look great- a tank of the future.

Cheers,

Pete.

Tim Gow said...

Martin Rapier
Thanks - cheap & nasty + paint = tolerable!

Tim Gow said...

Pete
I'm not sure all those straight edges will catch on!

KEV. Robertson. said...

I like what you have done there TIM- the ABRAMS in Camo do look great! Cheers. KEV.

Tim Gow said...

Kev Robertson
Thanks Kev - cheap plastic tat + paint = tolerable result!