Sunday 28 March 2021

Hurried Hasegawa Heinkel - part 1

 

I’ve had this ancient kit for a while and dug it out to build a few weeks ago. It’s moment finally arrived yesterday.  

Being a kit of a certain vintage the parts are reassuringly few in number.  Aside from a few issues with flash the parts fit was really pretty good. The decal sheet is rather past it’s best but I don’t need the Luftwaffe markings anyway. Regular readers will have already guessed why.  
After allowing the sub-assemblys to dry overnight, I glued it all together.  It certainly looks like an He.51 to me!  


8 comments:

Pete. said...

Quick work there Tim. Looks good though.

Cheers,

Pete.

tradgardmastare said...

This will definitely look the part.

Martin Rapier said...

What a lovely little model, it looks very futuristic for the 1930s

Tim Gow said...

Pete
Even I couldn't have strung out the build of this one!

Tim Gow said...

tradgardmastare
Thanks Alan.

Tim Gow said...

Martin Rapier
It very much looks of it's era - and entered service only 3 years before the Bf-109!

Rob Young said...

Nice model. I quite like these - got a balsa model of one, always feel that this type is useful (desirable?) for use in interwar conflicts even if later aircraft are available - bought mine when I thinking about a mythical interwar German aircraft carrier, never made the carrier!

Tim Gow said...

Rob Young
I know what you mean - one glance at a He.51 or a Fiat CR-32 and there's no doubt about which decade we're in!