Friday 4 January 2019

A Christmas Katyuska - part 2

Behold the contents of the box. Despite the kit’s antiquity the parts were pretty free of flash.

Fit was another matter, though if it had spent some of its forty years in an attic then that would account for a degree of warping. Easily solved by masking tape while the glue dried. I know my standards are pretty (well very) low but for a kit of this age to not require filler is a tribute to the quality of the original tooling.

Next - paint!

2 comments:

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

I like the blue tape
Professional
I still clasp in between fingers in a clasp of death - perfected since the age of twelve
Yes I still get glue on my fingers
Yes your way is better
And no I probably will never change my ways ;)

What have you planned for CoW this year
Megablitz or Fletcher Pratt

Tim Gow said...

Geordie
My fingers would get too tired - I let the glue dry overnight....

As to COW, some ideas which will be listed in the next issue of Nugget.