Thursday 18 January 2018

Review of 2017 - toys and projects

Most of my painting output in the past year has been 1/32 scale figures - a trend I expect to continue.  Having the Leipzig game in late September provided some (much needed!) focus and I was able to add fair numbers of Austrians and Russians....
Hungarian infantry regiment
...together with oddities like the CTS North Koreans.

I also bought - on impulse - a collection of 18th Century figures from a follow blogger across at Portland Little Wars.  Added to the few figures I had already painted for this era these chaps give me a pair of decent-sized armies.
 The whole collection as purchased
Rebasing under way!
I also built and refurbished more 1/72 aircraft - mostly for Little Cold Wars games...

...and the 2mm figures were revisited and tarted up for use with the new Command & Colours AWI game.

In other news, I have begun work on the follow-up to Little Cold Wars and the playtesting will drive a few games over the coming months.

4 comments:

tradgardmastare said...

I do like those 18th century chaps especially!

Pete. said...

I like the oddities like North Koreans.

Cheers,

Pete.

Milgeek said...

The Little Cold Wars stuff looks terrific!

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Hope all is well
Cannot help but notice you are not posting!