Sunday 8 March 2015

US new recruits - part 1

To swell the ranks of my paltry US forces I bought a couple of sets of these chaps.  While very cheap at less then £4 for a set of four figures, I was rather apprehensive about painting Woodland camo, But my recent experiments have encouraged me somewhat.
When this set was introduced the kevlar 'Fritz' helmet was still new and exciting but the weaponry - M-16 rifles, M-60 MG and Dragon ATGM had all been in service for some years.

The small box contained an intimidatingly large number of small parts.  Being Tamiya, all were crisply moulded.
The first rifleman emerges from a pile of plastic bits.

8 comments:

Zzzzzz said...

Not directly M82 woodland, but it might signpost you to where this guy has done it:

http://wfarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/painting-multicam-tutorial.html

Good luck with it, anyway.

Paul Foster said...

Look for the desert storm issue. You get a fairly handy RTO as well.

Jim Duncan Wargamer said...

Tim

I have a ton of 1/35 and similar bits and pieces, painted, part built and still on sprue to dispose of.

Would you be interested?

Jim

JLee118 said...

I saw your earlier attempts and they looked good. Just keep in mind that there's less black than the other colors. Also the black is more line like; kind of like the black on MERDC camoflage that was used on the vehicles at the time.

Tim Gow said...

Zzzzzz
Thanks. I'm not overly concerned with accuracy - more getting the general look of the think about right.

Tim Gow said...

Paul Foster
I know the set you mean, but I've never seen it cheap enough!

Tim Gow said...

Jim Duncan
I'd be very interested! As so often in our hobby, one man's surplus junk is another man's treasure trove.

Tim Gow said...

JLee118
Thanks for the tip!