Friday 10 February 2012

Simulating War

I was looking for something else on the website of a certain online book retailer when I spotted this.  For those of you unfamiliar with Phil Sabin's work, as well as being Professor of Strategic Studies at King's College London (where he gets his students to design wargames), he is also the author of Lost Battles and the Strategos ancient wargame rules of which LB is a much-expanded version.  I've not read the new book as yet but an initial flick through gives a good impression.  Consider it recommended!

8 comments:

Monty said...

This looks interesting Tim, good find mate! Looking forward to your thoughts once you've had a chance to read it - nice one ;)

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Nice spot

Robert (Bob) Cordery said...

Tim Gow,

I have just ordered a copy!

All the best,

Bob

Tim Gow said...

Monty
I'll keep you posted.

Tim Gow said...

Geordie
The book includes eight sample games, so it already looks a bargain!

Tim Gow said...

Bob Cordery
You surprise me not!

Conrad Kinch said...

My copy is en route, along with the new Innovations in Wargaming.

Tim Gow said...

Conrad Kinch
I have started reading my copy, and have been unable to resist dipping in to later chapters - looks very good.