Monday 24 July 2023

Boeing P-26 ‘Peashooter’ - part 1

I bought this kit recently as I have a game in mind. You’ll notice I haven’t claimed to ‘need’ this but I do at least have a vague justification for its acquisition.  

I remember this being launched as a Matchbox kit but mine came in Revell boxing. 

It was a pretty straightforward build with a pleasingly modest number of parts. 


I’ve also seen it in this style of Revell box. The US colour schemes are pretty wild but mine is destined for a different employer. 


6 comments:

Peter Douglas said...

China or Guatemala? And yes I had to resort to Wikipedia to figure out who used these. I am sure that there is a need for at least one of these.

Robert (Bob) Cordery said...

Didn’t the Philippines Air Force have some of these?

I seem to remember that they were passed on to them by the USAAC.

All the best,

Bob

pancerni said...

Nice kit, interesting aircraft to model.

Tim Gow said...

Peter Douglas
A correct answer in there somewhere!

Tim Gow said...

Bob Cordery
Close!

Tim Gow said...

pancerni
Very much 'of it's era'. (The kit and the original!)