Monday 28 October 2019

Ligny 1815 Museum

First stop on our recent trip to Europe was the rather nice 1815 museum at Ligny.  Outside I spotted this dodgy fellow trying to hitch up a cannon to the back of his motorhome...
...but once he'd been moved on I managed to get a decent photo of the gun.  Note also the ambulance wagon in the background.
Inside, as well as info putting the battle in it's historical setting there were some good maps and uniforms.  And this rather fine diorama using 54mm figures.  Possibly Historex?
There were certainly a lot of them.

And of course, all the best battlefields have a windmill.  This one was the centrepiece of another 54mm diorama.

There were also a few of these delightful vignettes made using 30mm-ish flat figures and painted backdrops.  Lovely!


6 comments:

Ross Mac rmacfa@gmail.com said...

Hopefully the ambulance had nothing to do with stopping the gun theft.

The dioramas are well done (they look Historex to me) but I like the flats best!

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

I hope they counted those cannons after you left, the look on your face read you had a cunning idea for a CoW game

Peter Douglas said...

Great dioramas, love the flats. I’d be careful of that fellow, he looks like someone who might sneak in to your motorhome.

Tim Gow said...

Ross Mac
The 54s looked like Historex to me. And the flats were a delight.

Tim Gow said...

Geordie
Daft game ideas? Me? The very thought.....

Tim Gow said...

Peter Douglas
I kept seeing that chap. Often when I was shaving...