Thursday 29 November 2018

Calamitously crappy Commie Canberra - part 1

They say you should never judge a book by it's cover.  The same rule should apply to kits and their boxes, but sometimes a crappy box is simply a warning of what is to follow.  So it was with this horrid cheap Eastern-bloc cardboard box.
The contents  - in  garish yellow plastic...
...and the instructions, printed on what felt like recycled loo roll.  I believe this is another reworking of the old FROG kit.
The parts didn't look too bad - until I tried fitting them together.  At this point, considerable quantities of masking tape and blu-tac were deployed to hold the parts - if not in place then at least in loose formation.
This much yellow plastic is quite hard on the old eyes!  And you could fly a Hunter through those panel gaps.  Paint coming next.  Lots of it.

4 comments:

Reese Crawford said...

Reminds me of the Zinc Chromate primer used on so many aircraft. I'm sure it will look much better in paint. What nation and scheme are you planning on using?

John Y said...

I know I'm going to be in the minority on this, but I rather like the yellow. Maybe not for a military aircraft - possibly more of a stunt show color scheme.

Tim Gow said...

Reese Crawford
It’ll be a relief to cover the yellow. More news soon....

Tim Gow said...

John Morio
You like it? I don’t know what you’re drinking but pour me a glass!