Thursday 9 May 2013

Kompact Komet - part 2

Some time ago I posted a piece about the build of this venerable Lindberg kit.  For the paintwork I decided to more or less copy the box art, with a grey on grey mottled effect on the fuselage and a green on green 'splinter' pattern on the wings.  Being such small model it was pretty quick to paint!
Unlike many more modern kits the Me-163 came with a pilot figure.  I treated him to a basic paint job before gluing the canopy in place.
Sadly the original decals refused to co-operate.  Even after being in water for 15 minutes they refused to part company with the backing paper.  Suitable replacements were easily found in the decal box.
I may soon run another poll to choose my next 1/72 scale victim....

6 comments:

Pete. said...

Nice model- Bonkers design :)

Cheers,

Pete.

Paul said...

Nice finish!

Nick Grant said...

Very nice Tim.

Tim Gow said...

Pete
You wouldn't want to fly one?

Tim Gow said...

Paul
Thanks - it's a lovely little kit.

Tim Gow said...

Nick Grant
Thanks - there is a vague possibility that I might build a 'proper' aeroplane kit soon....