Saturday 12 February 2011

Landships

A few weeks ago I mentioned* my trio of very elderly WW1 tanks and promised some photos.  These three are all basically the Airfix MkI but without the ridiculous steering gear.  The third tank has been converted to a machine gun armed 'Female'.  All of these were originally built by JR and were in the box of models he gave me in the late 1990s.  I let them 'mature' in a box for a few more years before Martin Rapier came up with the idea of a Cambrai game.  This was in about 2004 and Martin put out a call for all the 20mm (and 15mm) British WW1 tanks we could muster.  Like the fool I am I mentioned that I had a few and promised them for the game - forgetting that they needed paint.  A panic painting session followed over the next few days, culminating in the varnish being sprayed on half an hour before the game started.  Careful handling was called for and a number of players were almost overcome by the fumes when I opened the box.
Anyway, enough of this - here are the toys.
No 4 - a basic 'Male' tank.
No 5 - another 'Male'
No 63 - a 'Female' tank - another great  JR conversion.
While I took the photos above specially for this post, I have now located some photos of the Cambrai game which I will post over the next few days.

*This may have been on someone else's blog, a chat at the wargames club or a dream.  Who knows.

10 comments:

Conrad Kinch said...

"*This may have been on someone else's blog, a chat at the wargames club or a dream. Who knows."

Oh, it was on my blog. Though we were having tea with the Mad Hatter and the White Rabbit at the time, in your old school. You were naked, if I recall correctly.

Don M said...

Not bad...I understand the last minute painting for the table
problem full well! Love to see
photos of the game!

Paul said...

Really nice looking armour.

Al said...

Nice, more WW1 tanks please

Tim Gow said...

Conrad
I think that must have been your dream - not mine. You twisted man you.

Tim Gow said...

Don
Thanks - it was a real rush job. Game photos coming soon.

Tim Gow said...

Paul
Thanks - They are still my only WW1 20mmm toys.

Tim Gow said...

Al
Stay tuned for the game photos - more WW1 tanks than you might expect!

Bartender said...

Well done! Amongst my favourite model from your collection so far!

Tim Gow said...

Bartender
Glad you like them.