Friday 25 February 2011

6mm Modern Japanese - part 3 - artillery & AA

Just back after a few days away - Sara and I have spent this week in Bath - Somerset's answer to Perth.  As a result, you will have noticed that new posts have been a bit thin.  Anyway, I am now back and what passes for normal service is hereby resumed.
As well as the 'normal' tanks and APCs mentioned in earlier posts, I made sure that my Japs were tooled up with various bits of kit which go 'bang' or 'whoosh' quite loudly.  Most of this is in fact US-produced and even better, I already had much of it 'in stock'.
SP artillery - M-109 and M-110A2, together with a pair of Type 73 trucks.  All Scotia models.  And yes I kmow that Japan didn't use M-109 - it is standing in for a Type 75 155mm SP gun (they look pretty similar to me).
Type 81 Tan-SAM with it's fire control system.  Both are mounted on Isuzu trucks.
Hawk AA missile (model by Heroics & Ros).  I'm not sure if Japan actually used the tracked version, but model-wise it's the only game in town until I scratchbuild the wheeled launcher...
That's it for ground forces (for the moment at least) - next time we take to the air - with a few surprises!

6 comments:

Paul´s Bods said...

Admirable stuff...how you do it I don´t know...the dry brushing alone would do my head in at that scale.
Cheers
paul

Tim Gow said...

Paul
I keep telling you - if I can paint them it must be easy!

Al said...

Yeah, it's nice to see this stuff, quite different

Tim Gow said...

Al
Thanks - I do like to have something a bit different.

Paul said...

Diversity is the spice of life, and I like this spice!

I think the M109 looks like a Type 75 as well, so good call there.

Keep them coming.

Tim Gow said...

Paul
Thanks - rather than thinking 'Oh bu**er, there's no model of whatever so I can't do it', my attitude is 'what can I use that'll look OK to me, 3 feet away and in less than perfect light.'